Bruce The Goose
The Lake of Lakes is a thriving democracy. Will it survive Bruce’s descent into fascism?
Synopsis of Scenes
- Act I
- Scene 1 – Election Day
- Scene 2 – The Debate
- Scene 3 – Only Me
- Act II
- Scene 1 – No Elections Today
- Scene 2 – Bruce Is Great
- Scene 3 – Long Live The King
- Scene 4 – Election Day (Reprise)
Cast of Characters
- BRUCE THE GOOSE – Alto. A charismatic, ambitious diva who only cares about himself.
- PUCK THE DUCK – Soprano. A wise, prudent, humble steward who cares about everyone. She wears a flat cap.
- BEA THE BEE – Alto. An anxious, hard-working, always-busy journalist with integrity. She wears a press hat and carries reporter’s journal and pencil.
- EARL THE SQUIRREL – Soprano. A nervous, frightened, paranoid father who believes anything he’s told. He wears a knit cap.
- SCOUT THE TROUT – Alto. An upright, decent veteran who has to struggle just to survive. She wears a dixie cup hat.
- CHORUS (optional) – Sopranos and altos. A variety of animals from the Lake, each of a different species (such as WORM, MOSQUITO, ANT, BUTTERFLY), and each with a different job at the Lake (such as doctor, carpenter, chef, astronaut).
TIME: Present day
PLACE: Sloan’s Lake, Denver
It’s Election Day. Bea the Bee dutifully circles the Lake of Lakes, the Home of a Hundred Species. She calls one animal from every species to the Grand Assembly, where all official Lake business is decided by democratic vote. But this year, something’s different. Bruce the Goose wants to replace the Grand Assembly with his own unchallenged authority. After a vigorous debate, Scout the Trout casts the deciding vote and elects Bruce, plunging the Lake into a fascist dictatorship.
One year later, the Lake is a sad dystopia. Everyone’s been drafted into Bruce’s army. As they prepare to invade the Next Lake Over, it becomes clear to everyone that Bruce has lost his mind – that his vanity and pride keep him from serving the public interest. Bruce’s lust for war medals weighs him down so much he sinks to the bottom of the Lake. Everyone realizes Bruce is gone and decides to bring back the Grand Assembly. They hold another Election Day, restoring the Lake to a democracy.
Perform Bruce The Goose
Ready to perform this musical? We give you the tools you need to put on a show.
Bruce The Goose Merchandise
Bruce The Goose Mug$20.00 – $25.00
Bruce The Goose Youth Hat$40.00
Bruce The Goose Baby Onesie$30.00
Bruce The Goose Hoodie$60.00
Bruce The Goose Youth T-Shirt$40.00
Bruce The Goose T-Shirt$40.00
Bruce The Goose Framed Art$40.00 – $160.00
Bruce The Goose Stickers$10.00 – $20.00
Bruce The Goose Hat$40.00